* This article covers the basics of men planning for a short vacation. This article is not season specific. You obviously will need more or less of the items discussed here.
* All items discussed here are intended to be super compact form factor, intelligently organized for rapid use, with no messes/spills.
* This article does not cover emergency meds, allergies, traveling with a baby, children toys, female accessories, airplane container limitations, camping gear, etc.
* 1-outlet Surge Suppressor. Cellphone, car/wall chargers, headset, headphone adapter. AA Battery cellphone power source. MP3 Player/Batteries. NetBook or Laptop, foam carrying case, car/wall chargers. Audio cable splitter. USB Thumb Drive. 300GB USB Backup drive. Memory cards, size adapter, reader. Car power-port splitter. Updated TomTom GPS/charger. LED keychain light.
*Literature to read. Phone card. Ear sound plugs. Razor. Nail clipper/file. Toothbrush. Wallet/keys. 4 Ziploc gallon bags. 2 Trash bags for dirty laundry. Camera TriPod. Paper pad/pens. Bandaid. Sharpie marker. Highlighter. 5 rubber bands for tying cables. Mini scissors. Fabric Glue. Electrical tape.
* Sheet. Inflatable Pillow. Eye cover. Ear sound plugs. Sleeping pills.
On Your Body
* Wallet, Fanny Pack, Moneybelt.
* In wallet: Drivers license. Business cards. Cell phone. Camera.
* If on foot a lot: A light backpack with water bottle pockets.
*Swim Trunks. Flip-flops. T-Shirts. Sun hat. Winter neck sleeve. Underwear. Short or long socks. Short or long slacks. Business shirts. Slip-on shoes. Ski jacket. Sweater. Thin gloves. Shoes & Gel Pads.
* Three large water bottles per day. Baby face wipes. Germ hand spray/gel. Toothpaste. SPF Lotion. Anti-mosquito spray. Mini Deodorant. Mini Shampoo & Conditioner. Body Soap.
* Large or mini ice chest with ice. Frozen Health Power Bars. Cereal. Trail mix. Peanuts. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Sugar free gum & altoids mints. Tums. Gas-X. Anxiety meds. IbProfin. Vitamins/fiber. Dramamine motion pills. Sleeping pills. Straws. Gatorade powder. 4 plastic forks.
* Tickets 2 months in advance, Pack, Check Weather, Internet Coupons, Print Maps, Set GPS, Charge Phone.
Trip Social/Video/Journalism Goals
* Make 20 Facebook Friends.
* Take 20 one-minute HD videos.
* Keep cellphone and video camera charged.
* Place 20 photos on Facebook, screen-shots taken from my videos.
* Combine all video into one YouTube HD video.
* Keep a private preformatted daily journal of all events.
Quick Evangelism Tools
* Compact Bible.
* Printed prayer for new Christians who desire to be prayed over.
The Bible Says About Travel
* Rick Steve’s Packing List: http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/packlist.htm
* Rick Steve’s Packing List for Women: http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/womenpack.htm
End of Article.