Solutions & Problems in Today's World
by Royce Barber
* Although this article is on a Christian website, everyone is invited to take part in solving the worlds problems!
* This article is my personal notes on humanity. This is not professional or legal advice.
* This article is a list of the best and worst of the human race. Also a brief introduction to what sin is.
* Alternate Titles for this Article: Humanity Pros and Cons.
* The core issue, is that people sin against God. Issues trickle down from sin.
* This is a very basic article, structured for quick and easy reading.
World's Biggest Solutions and Upcoming Ideas
* Christian Solutions: Accepting Jesus. Turning away from sin. Faithful prayer. The Church's great commission. Make disciples of Jesus. Baptism in Jesus/God/Holy-Spirit name. Wise evangelism. Memorizing the Bible outline. Righteousness. Give out Bibles. Mission Trips. Building neighborhoods for the poor. Food drives. Convent houses. Sunday school. Bible study. College hangout groups. Themed groups. Boy Scouts of America. Mentoring. Goodwill and Salvation Army stores.
* Freedom, free will, missionaries, structured law system, healthy food, medications and therapy, science, technology, saints, abstinence, laws, philosophies, deeds for others, planting trees, vitamins, support groups, military, good parenting, merit, donations, awareness, meditation, using soap, wisdom, adoption, traditional families, group homes, organization, lifehacking, traditions, mentoring, healthy hobbies and outlets.
* Education: TED Talks, X-Prizes, certain research grants, sophisticated schools, university resources, homeschooling and hackschooling, shared community resources such as Wikipedia or Libraries. Students contributing to Wikipedia.
* Science, Technology, Gadgets: Water Desalination (large scale), Paperless databases, faster computer processors and increased storage, medical exoskeletons, robotics, cellphones, statistics databases, non-destructive electricity sources, pharmacies, optical fiber internet.
* Organizations and Charities: Hospitals. Healing Careers. Google.org. Certifications. Good Will. Sponsoring a Child. Big Brother programs. Boy Scouts of America.
* Good Human Traits: Forgiveness. Morality. Faithfulness. Obedience. Kindness. Charity. Wisdom. Intelligence. Sharing. Objectivity.
* Tech: GPS Maps & Tracking. 3D Scanning and Printing at home. Robotics. News. Podcasts of all kinds. Airless rubber-spoke tires.
* Medical Research: Surgeries. Portable health scanning. Blood testing. Gnome Mapping. Prosthetic leg/arm. Cures for Disease and Birth Disabilities. Mental/Physical Illness Treatment. Organ transplants.
* Medical: We need easily-readable blood test results, with fast results. With healthiness-percentage ratings on each tested chemical.
* Medical: Automated issue detection kiosk, scanning your biofeedback in numerous ways, would save time and give doctors context clues and diagnostics. Comparing your issues and resolutions to others, just like with cars.
* Mr Yuck sticker as an international symbol of problems. Placed on anything voted to have a low trust-ability rating. Instead of indicating poison chemicals, Mr Yuck logo could indicate a lying TV commercial or misleading statement. Chrome Internet Browser has a similar feature called "WOT Web of Trust". Placing a red or green dot next to web results. Perhaps Snopes could have a internally recognizable logo indicating bad products and services. The BBB isn't popular or trusted, can be bought, and doesn't indicate a bad business.
* Myth-Killing, Content Ratings, FCC Ratings, BBB Ratings. Ratings systems have a huge upside, and often a huge down side such as censoring freedom or mistaken bans.
* Stock Market:
* Crowd Funding aka Crowd Sourcing.
* Google Translate.
* Synthetic lawn and plants, for low water areas and places people don't see up-close.
* Conversion of slums to offices and free spaces for community projects.
* Healing organizations: Goodwill. Salvation Army. AA. Boy scouts of America.
World's Biggest Problems
* General overall Sin against God, as described in the Bible.
* Terrorism, Scams, Abuse, Bullying, Poaching, Urban Legends aka Myths.
* War and armed conflict, nuclear weapons, smog, taxes, crime, corruption, gangs, the cost of a PhD, theft, disease, vices, bullying, racism, suicide, full prisons, incest, bio-warfare, guns, unemployment, water shortage, starvation, drugs, alcoholism, partying, government bloating, the mafia, kidnapping, trafficking, addictions, bad role models, ill-equipped solutions, mis-communication, bad parents, abuse, hate, assumptions, depression, profanity, poverty, dependency, debt, trespassing, entertainment pretending to be news, copyright violation.
* Environmental Problems: Species extinction. Desertification. Deforestation. Hurricanes. Earthquakes. Floods. Tsunami. Melting ice caps. Extreme temperatures.
* Pollution. Large Chinese cities so smoggy, the sky is black and poisonous.
* Drinkable Water is expensive to purify. Not all towns are near an ocean.
* Sinful Human Traits: Lies. Pride. Lust. Envy. Sloth. Gluttony. Rage. Ignorance. Assumptions. Greed. Misrepresentation. Scams. Perversion. Gullibility.
* Poverty: Entire towns of people living and surviving on trash heaps.
* Medical: Genetic Defects, physically and mentally. Disease and illness. Doctors not sharing medical solutions or records. Allergies. Infections. Not washing hands. Hospital billing scams. Age disabilities including hearing/sight/memory.
* Nuclear Power is non-renewable, requiring an alternative.
* Politics, Governments: Presidential elections burn through billions of dollars.
* Unfair Bills: People who don't monthly, paying as much car insurance as those who drive daily.
* Poor Role Models in TV/Movies/Commercials/Radio/Comics/Anime.
* Encyclopedias difficult to access, or outdated due to being printed.
* History: Common repeating problems of cultures and civilizations through history. Examine what made towns and cultures fail.
* Fires, be it natural or human-caused, burning forests and towns.
* Decompose: Nearly everything a human can touch, is slowly decomposing, breaking down, eroding, changing, falling apart, dying.
* Language Barriers.
* Gangs replacing family.
* Education: Illiteracy.
* Stagnant dying economies and technology.
* Family Counseling.
* Lack of jobs: Jobs being merged or removed, as database and factory technology progresses, with many left unemployed.
* Humans shy away from stressful or dreadful topics.
* Foreign: People killed for standing against dictators, policies, and preferences.
* Foreign: Women having fewer rights. Female lack of freedom.
* Terrorism, Mafia, Gangs,
* Pyramid Schemes.
* Divorce divided families.
* Prisoners being released and sent back to prison numerous times, with little to no guidance or reason to conform to society.
* Maintaining functional power, clean water, utilities, highways, roads.
* Yearly extinction of species.
* Phosphoric Acid in soda, drinking it in high doses. Low doses are natural.
* Limited Air Conditioning and Cooling centers in 90' F to 115' F weather. Same with freezing weather.
* Adult Porn Industry: Porn channel names showing up as "Please Rent" on satellite and cable TV. Prostitution and adult webcams being considered a profession.
* Desertification (fertile land becoming useless).
* Blackmarket Pirates selling fake products, harming the sales of the Intellectual Property holder.
* London's sewer overflows when it rains, causing a stench through London. 39 million tons of raw sewage leaks into London's rivers, per year. Sewers flooding once a week per average. The problem being London's increase in population. The solution being a tunnel boring machine, creating a new sewer system project called The Thames Tideway, which is a proposed 25 km (16 mi) tunnel running mostly under the River Thames through central London, intended to provide storage and conveyance of combined raw sewage and rainwater discharge. Source: TV Show "Dirty Great Machines Episode 5 Titans of Tunneling, from 2002. Status of project to be updated here. General drinking water quality remains in question with a number of other pollution and carbon footprint issues.
* STD/Aids Rate in large cities.
Data to Sort
Quotes about humanities pros and cons.
What is Sin?
* The Bible says:
* BibleGateway.com says:
* Wikipedia says;
Anything that violates the ideal relationship between an individual and God; or as any diversion from the ideal order for human living. Sin has been defined as "to miss the mark"... Sins fall in a spectrum from minor errors to deadly misdeeds... Biblical terms that have been translated from Greek and Hebrew literally refer to missing a target, i.e. error. .
* Wikipedia goes on to say;
In Western Christianity, sin is believed to alienate the sinner from God even though He has extreme love for humanity. Sin has damaged, and completely severed, the relationship of humanity to God. That relationship can only be restored through acceptance of Jesus Christ and his death on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for humanity's sin. Humanity was destined for life with God when Adam disobeyed God. The Bible in John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only begotten Son, so that whoever believes will not perish, but have everlasting life.".
What does the Bible say about culture, society, groups, the human condition?
* Ancient Rome had most of our problems and solutions, so how are we different than them? Are we different than Ancient Egypt? -Royce Barber 2014.
* Temporary patches and fixes to common issues are vital, but the core issue of sin goes largely unnoticed. -Royce Barber 2014.
* Thesaurus.com synonyms for Sin: http://thesaurus.com/browse/sin
* Wikipedia on Sin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin
* Wikipedia portal on humanity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity
* Wikipedia on Society: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society
* Wikipedia on Slums: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slum
* Wikipedia on Poverty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty
* Wikipedia list of Humanitarian Aid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Humanitarian_aid
* Wikipedia on Salvation Army: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Salvation_Army
* Wikipedia on Statistics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics#Specialized_disciplines
* Wikipedia on Economic Freedom: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_freedom
* Wikipedia portal on Ethics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Concepts_in_ethics
* Wikipedia on
* Wikipedia on
* Wikipedia on
: The Bible (Various mainstream translations, mostly NIV).
: Wikipedia for Sin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin