What are good causes?
A good cause is an effort made to do good things, or a good thing that people are working to support. An organization, a club, or a friend in need. It's something worth investing time and resources into, that you trust will be worthy and beneficial to human kind. Good causes are not always pleasant to look at, such as cancer research. They may not always be easy to understand or research, but that is why you must be diligent in investing resources in a worthy and trust worthy cause. Do you homework and make sure your efforts are not in vein. Countless people need your help, everywhere, and in many different ways. Sometimes it just takes being a good role model for society. Some people enjoy investing everything they are into what they believe in, and for some they just have to in order to stay alive. Do your part and help share with those who deserve it. We all have countless things to offer, if we realize it yet or not. Once you start helping others, your eyes will be opened to new chances and doorways.
Causes Supported by a Local Fresno CA Church
International: Christian Aid Mission, Deaf Ministries International, Empowering Lives International, HCJB Global, Heifer International, Arabic Good News, International Leadership Institute, The Mission Society, Victory Christian Center, Hands of Hope International, Stone Forest Leadership Alliance, World Gospel Mission, World Team, Wycliffe Bible Translators, Youth With A Mission.
Local to Fresno CA:
Calvin Crest Conferences, ESA Love Inc., Evangel Home, Fresno Rescue Mission, Gap Ministries Inc., Hope Now, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, Joni and Friends, New Creation Ministries, New Life for Girls, Prison Fellowship, Youth for Christ.
Why support good causes?
* Scripture advises it.
* Send out a ripple of pain relief to the world. You can personally make a large impact.
* You can't out-give God.
* Your mother taught you to do good deeds.
* It feels really good to give.
* You're being a good role model for everyone.
* What else do you have to do all week?
* The Lord supports you.
* It's easy!
Fight the Scams and Fake Causes
* Check with your local BBB.
* Check with SNOPES.
* Much more to be listed here in time.
What are some 'good cause' categories?
* Mission field people and families who build communities across the planet. Ensure you read their newsletters, be an active part. Don't donate to those who do nothing.
* Bible translations into different languages.
* Christianity and Revival of the Church.
* Encourage prayer.
* Cancer research. (Be EXTREMELY careful who you donate to, as MANY cancer labs are big-time SCAMS!)
* Safety awareness in many categories.
* Christianity taught in Schools.
* Attending Sunday school, Bible Study, and prayer groups.
* USA Border Enhancement.
* Sophisticated Google Search Bot.
* School Classes on Organizational Skills.
* Public School Healthy Cafeteria Food.
* Moral Internet separated from the bad Internet.
* Abstinence from sex until marriage.
* Practicing scripture.
* Practicing the Cub Scout oath.
* Your local church youth group.
* Responsible Missionaries.
* Better adult filters on Satellite TV Receivers and Internet Browsers.
* Healthy Parenting.
* Battling Terrorism.
* Battling Sexual Child Modeling.
* International Free HighSpeed Wireless Satellite Internet.
* TV Stations, TV Shows, Movies, Radio, Community Projects.
* ask around.
* research the usual channels: your church, bible study, Internet searches, library, academic facilities, and your own social circle. Craigslist website has numerous people asking for help, but know that many of these ARE scams.
* be active and sit in on group meetings.
* find friends who are doing productive tasks for others.
* locate listings of causes, missionaries, etc.
* ask your local state/government offices how you can volunteer and or make a difference. keep asking, and don't be discouraged!
Actual Causes to Support
* to be carefully listed. for now, please see the list of "What Are Some Good Cause Categories".
* Compassion International. (Sponsor a child for a dollar a day).
* Check the MWM Website Banners page for a visual list of causes.
* Salvation Army.
* Boyscouts of America.
Ways You Can Get Involved
* Getting involved in God's kingdom can be like learning to paint. Take it one step at a time, breathe, and let the Lord guide you.
* Attend a Bible Study. Start at the beginning, in your own neighborhood where you know how things work.
* Giving back 10% as your basic tithing.
* Call your local Church office and see what volunteer openings there are.
* Communicate with your state government about ways you can support Christian ministries.
* Attend the membership class of a church you like.
* Study and act on what the Bible prescribes as an upright Christian life.
* Start your own GoogleSites, such as I did, and start making lists of information others may find useful.
* Become active in your community, attending meetings and showing the world what a humble Christian can be.
* Ask people if they would like to meet Jesus. It's as simple as a walk across a room.
* Being involved in God's work doesn't necessarily involve spending money. Everyone has an abundance of resources they can contribute.
* Bring the hope of salvation to those in hospitals and assisted living conditions.
* Brainstorm with your friends and loved ones how you can find more ways to support your local community.
* If local giving isn't your blessing, you may like traveling! Many Christian groups are traveling across the globe to bring God's light to remote places.
* Sponsor children in poor countries.
* Ask to pray over a meal before consuming it.
* Let God do what God does. Meaning, plant a seed of faith but don't force it to grow. Don't stress out about it. Only God knows the timing of his plan.
* Host a neighborhood cleaning party, to clean up a park and or just one home at a time. Get rid of unwanted material items.
* If you have children, put them in Boyscouts of America, or Girlscouts. Teach them early on to step out of their box and integrate into the community!
* More to be added.
Prayer List [This article is years old, needing to be updated]. The updated article shall focus on topics mentioned in the Bible.
* Extreme Faith.
* Studying Scripture.
* Protect and guide the saints.
* Obeying 10 Commandments.
* Scripture to reach all corners of globe.
* Soft hearts of the spirit; rather than of the flesh.
* Scripture in Schools.
* Anointed tongues to praise the Lord and pierce the darkness like a spotlight.
* CHURCHES TO BE FULL OF GOD'S GLORY.
* PRESIDENT/GOV/WORLD LEADERS TO BE MORALLY WISE.
* MILITARY SOLDIERS TO HAVE A RIGHTEOUS CAUSE.
* THAT GOD WILL PLANT SEEDS OF FAITH IN MY SOCIAL CIRCLES.
* REPLACE ALL BAD HABITS SUCH WITH GOOD ONES.
* PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPIRITUAL HEALTH.
* SHIELD MY THOUGHTS AND DREAMS, AND TO REMEMBER DREAMS.
* RECITE THE LORDS PRAYER OFTEN.
* CHRISTIANITY BACK INTO THE U.S., CONSTITUTION, AND SCHOOLS.
* SCRIPTURE ON MY TONGUE RATHER THAN MY OWN WORDS.
* TO BE POSITIVE AND CONSTRUCTIVE WITH MY LIFE.
* GIVE MY 100% TO GOD AT ALL TIMES.
* THAT MY LIFE WILL BE AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO BECOME.
* Give myself up for the Lord.
* Evangelize to all nations.
* NorthSide to have wise leadership.
* To Attend My Church's Men’s Fraternity Cell Group.
* For the disabled to be healed. The Starving, Broken, Deformed, Diseased, Abused, Depressed, Angry, Psychotic, Insane.
* To pray on my knees and read scripture nightly.
* come into my heart and lead my ways.
* give me a clear mind of wisdom and devotion to you.
* help me to desire in you lord.
* help me not to back slide.
* help me to smile at people and greet them and support them. Help me to serve.
* Wikipedia article on sponsoring a child: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sponsorship
Article Sources: Wikipedia. Compassion International.