* This article is: My non-professional notes. For learning about detailing your car, but focusing on the car paint, detailing your car paint, and possibly doing it yourself. Easy ideas.
* Related articles here on RoyceBarber.Com: My Personal Mazda Miata Page. Jeep Research.
* Caution Statement: These are my personal notes. I'm not a professional. This article is not connected with any organization or company. Be careful what you do to your car.
* Do you have corrections and ideas?: We love hearing from guests! Feel free to use the Contact Page.
* Interior Parts
* Exterior Car Body
* Areas Generally Not Seen
* More to be added...
* Areas vulnerable to rust.
* Where a fully-functioning vehicle only needs its appearance improved.
* You have prior experience in detailing, have worked with a detailer, taken a class on detailing, or are adventurous and have experience with paint and chemicals.
* If your car is looking scruffy, and it's not so new that mistakes will devalue it.
* You take pride in how you and others view your vehicle.
* When you sell the vehicle, you'll make more money than you spent restoring it.
* Extend the life of the paint.
* Increase the appearance of the car.
* Increase the sale value of the car.
* Prevent rust and corrosion from entering the scratches.
* Detailing or restoring a vehicle may not be worth it, and may cost more than the cars sale value. For a junker car (often used for four wheeling), sometimes it's quicker to just buy a few cans of spray paint and carefully paint over the car, taping off non-paint areas. Using a car rated spray paint.
* Lathering or scrubbing on a vehicle may do more damage than good. Be gentle about it.
* Cleaning vehicle interiors: Warm water and mild soap, gently lathering (agitating) with a bristled brush. Wiping off with a microfiber rag. Wipe off the later before drying, so the dirt doesn't stick into the material pores again. Clean one small area at a time, so dirt doesn't have time to settle back down.
* Keep the automobile covered.
* Enemy of automotive paint: Sun. Debris in the wind. Tree sap. Rain through a tree, coating the car in tree debris. Cat claws. Driving too close to bushes, branches. Leaning on your car. Pedestrians walking by your car.
* Wikipedia on Auto Detailing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_detailing
* Wikipedia on Automotive Restoration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_restoration
* Wikipedia on Auto Maintenance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_maintenance
* Wikipedia List of Articles on Automobile Maintenance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Automobile_maintenance
* Wikipedia on Car Talk on National Public Radio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_Talk
* Wikipedia on Custom Car: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_car
* Car and Driver: http://www.caranddriver.com/
* Kelly Blue Book: http://www.kbb.com/
* Too freaking many. To be determined.